Club History

The Grenfell Bowling Club is situated 4 hours west of Sydney, 2 hours from Canberra, Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange. Grenfell is a town of over 2000 population in the shire with plenty of amenities for visitors.

The concept of a Bowling Club in Grenfell was first thought of, in August 1918, with a 4 rink green and only a shed serving as a clubhouse and storage. After a lot of hard work, donations and loyalty by volunteers, the Grenfell Bowling Club had it’s official opening held in December 1920. Over the past 92 years, there have been a number of improvements to make it the Club it is today. The current club house was officially opened on 4th April, 1965 and over the last 5 decades there have been numerous additions to the club to make it now, one of the biggest venues in the town for functions, meetings, social gatherings and recreation. 

Today, the Grenfell Bowling Club is opened 7 days of the week. We provide function & conference facilities, a Bistro which opens 3 days of the week, Restaurant open Saturday evenings, a child friendly environment & play area, and a great place to come and relax with family and friends.